- The LNP marks the first anniversary of the Palaszczuk Labor Government’s massive south east Queensland rail fail
- Annastacia Palaszczuk’s rail debacle will see more than 24,000 services cut across the SEQ network this year alone
- Labor’s rail fail has cost consumers, congested our roads and shattered confidence in our public transport network
- Labor’s rail fail has also cost Queensland taxpayers almost $40 million dollars
State Member for Moggill, Dr Christian Rowan MP, said that October marks the first anniversary of the Palaszczuk Labor Government’s massive southeast Queensland rail fail amid ongoing pain for train commuters.
“Since October last year Annastacia Palaszczuk’s epic rail fail has continued unabated – this is simply not good enough,” Dr Rowan said.
“One hundred services were cut that fateful Friday, stranding commuters trying to get to and from work and school children trying to make their way home.
“Since then, we’ve seen no end in sight to Labor’s rail fail. With 470 services cut from timetables each week, commuters have got back into their cars, and who could blame them? This year alone 24,000 fewer trains will run.
“Under Annastacia Palaszczuk’s Government we’ve seen a merry-go-round of incompetent Transport Ministers who’ve overseen Labor’s rail fail.
“Annastacia Palaszczuk’s train crisis has cost Queensland taxpayers almost $40 million dollars in driver overtime, replacement buses, taxi vouchers, CEO recruitment and Inquiry costs,” Dr Rowan said.
“Under the LNP, not only did the trains turn up, we put on more services, cut fares and achieved a 96 per cent on-time running rate.
“Only the LNP can fix Labor’s rail mess and get SEQ trains running on time.”