Barnes Hill Valve Replacement Project
Seqwater is undertaking a $1.5 million upgrade on its water supply pipeline network at Barnes Hill, near Mount Crosby.
The second stage of the upgrade will begin on Saturday 17 July 2021 and is expected to continue into Monday 19 July 2021.
Stage one of the project was completed last month which involved taking the two pipes offline temporarily to perform network checks to help plan the works. Stage two works were originally scheduled for 3 – 5 July, however due to COVID-19 restrictions, works were rescheduled.
The work will involve taking a 4km section of the pipes that supply water from Mount Crosby Treatment Plant to Brisbane and Ipswich offline at Barnes Hill to replace four valves which are reaching the end of their service life.
Drinking water will be supplied from other areas of the network, however residents in Brisbane and Ipswich can assist by limiting their non-essential water use while the works are underway.
Please see attached notifications which have been distributed to residents in your electorate this week. Seqwater and Urban Utilities will also share information to local media and on our social channels.
Information for residents:
- During the upgrade, Seqwater will need to rezone the water supply network, which means some suburbs may receive water from supply areas they don’t typically get water from
- It is likely that residents across West Brisbane, Ipswich and Kuraby areas will experience reduced water pressure and/or some changes to the taste and smell of their water, but it remains safe to drink
- Water tanker trucks will be stationed at various locations around. These tankers will connect to the local network and keep the water flowing to taps
- Night works will also occur on or near properties for some Moggill residents who live close to the pipeline
- No loss of water should occur for any property or business
- If residents do experience a complete loss of water, we ask they report this to Urban Utilities’ Faults and Emergencies line on 13 23 64 or Logan Water
- More information about the project can be found here: https://www.seqwater.com.au/project/barnes-hill