As part of ongoing works for the Sumners Road Interchange Upgrade the Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) advises there will be changes to traffic conditions on Sumners Road and the Centenary Motorway from mid-to-late 2020.
With new eastbound bridge on track to be completed by mid-2020, this will see all traffic on Sumners Road temporarily switched to the new bridge. Once this traffic switch is complete, demolition of the old bridge will commence in preparation for construction of the new westbound bridge.
Works will include, but are not limited to:
- bridge demolition (old Sumners Road bridge)
- barrier and kerb demolition
- drainage and earthworks
- pavement and road works
- Centenary Motorway lane and ramp closures
- Sumners Road lane closures.
- Traffic changes on Sumners Road from mid-2020.
- Ongoing traffic management will be in place from mid-2020 to end-2020 on Sumners Road and the Centenary Motorway, including detours.
- A combination of day and night works will be undertaken.
- Standard construction hours will include day works from 6am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 6am to 2pm on Saturday
- Night works will be from 7pm and 5am Sunday to Thursday.
- Night works will be undertaken in areas close to the road. This is for the safety of the work crew and road users and to minimise the impact to the road network.
- There will be changes to the current traffic conditions on Sumners Road and the Centenary Motorway. Temporary traffic management will be in place across the site.
- Motorists are asked to please follow all traffic and project-related signage. Detours may be in place during these road and demolition works.
- Please allow extra time when planning your travel.
- There will be changes in access for some businesses. Businesses will be consulted before these changes take place.
- There will be an increase in noise and dust due to bridge demolition works.
- There will be an increase in out-of-hours impacts including lighting towers.
The project team will distribute notifications to nearby residents and businesses before this work begins. The notification will include information on the work, an update on out-of-hours works and the Project Team’s contact details.
TMR is keeping work flowing for the Sumners Road Interchange Upgrade project and others like it, by investing in the community during this difficult period. Throughout the project, the Sumners Road Interchange Upgrade is set to support more than 105 jobs at a time when maintaining jobs has never been more critical.
For more information about this work, or to sign up to the project email list, please contact the Project Team by emailing email@example.com or calling 1800 209 020 during business hours.