Seqwater is pleased to announce the Water Future Program Community Grants is back for 2021 with $60,000 up for grabs for local community groups or not-for-profit organisations.
Seqwater is inviting local community groups and organisations to partner on projects that help build or enhance the development of water wise communities in South East Queensland.
A water wise community is where people:
- Understand the urban water cycle
- Understand water treatment and what makes water safe to drink,
- Understand where drinking water comes from (including climate resilient water sources like desalination and purified recycled water),
- Use water efficiently,
- Shows care for water sources and the catchments that surround them, and
- Participates in decision making and takes action to manage water sustainably.
The Seqwater community grants program is an exciting way for us to partner with our communities and deliver projects in and around our waterways to build appreciation for and understanding of our most precious resource.
This year we also encouraging community organisations to focus on the following communities:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Rural and off-grid communities
- Young adults (18 – 25)
- Youth (13 – 18)
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities.
Grants of up to $10,000 will be available to help community groups and not-for-profit organisations. Applications will open 15 February 2021 and close 25 March 2021.
More information will be available on the Seqwater website from 15 February 2021 (www.seqwater.com.au/).