The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) would like to advise that during May 2020, one or two nights of minor road maintenance works will be undertaken in Chapel Hill and Pinjarra Hills.
These works are being undertaken as part of the department’s routine maintenance program to improve the road surface for all road users.
- Western Freeway northbound at the off-ramp to Moggill Road, Chapel Hill
- Moggill Road westbound at the intersection with Pinjarra Road, opposite the aged care facility, Pinjarra Hills.
- Moggill Road eastbound after Technology Court, Pinjarra Hills.
- Routine maintenance works will be undertaken at the above locations in May 2020.
- It is expected that works will take approximately two nights to complete, construction and weather conditions permitting.
- For the safety of the work crew, and to minimise disruption to the road network, works will be undertaken at night, between 7pm and 5am, Sunday to Thursday, however some Saturday or out of hours work may be required.
While works are underway, temporary closure of the off-ramp to Moggill Road will be required for approximately two nights. Detours will be in place. For your safety, please follow signage and instructions from traffic controllers on site.
- minor removal and replacement of asphalt
- pavement crack sealing
- reinstatement of line marking.
What to expect:
- Changed traffic conditions: Traffic changes will be in effect, including localised traffic detours, road shoulder closures, temporary ramp closures, lane closures with traffic control, changes to traffic flow, temporary speed reductions and short-term traffic disruptions. Please allow extra time when planning your travel and follow the directions of roadside signage and traffic controllers.
- Temporary construction noise: Heavy machinery will be in use and, for a short time, nearby residents and businesses can expect some increased noise, dust and odour. Reversing beepers and flashing lights are a safety requirement and will be used at all times during working hours.
- Access to private properties: Access to private properties will be maintained during the works. Where temporary access changes are required, property/business owners will be contacted directly.
TMR will distribute notifications to nearby residents and businesses before work begins. This notification will include information on the work and the contact details for the Project Team.