Centenary Bridge Upgrade – Survey works, underground services investigations and bridge inspection works
Friday, 6 September 2019
The Department of Transport and Main Roads would like to advise that survey works, underground services investigations and bridge inspection works on and around the Centenary Bridge in Jindalee will take place from early September 2019 until late 2019.
The works are required to inform the design for the proposed Centenary Bridge Upgrade
Timing of works
• Works will commence early September 2019 and be completed by late 2019, construction and weather conditions permitting.
• Some work will be undertaken at night for the safety of the work crew and road users and to minimise the impact to the road network.
• Standard construction hours will be from 7.30pm to 5am Sunday to Friday and day works from 7am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
Work will include:
• investigations to identify underground services at various locations using hand-held equipment and truck-mounted vacuum excavation
• survey works at various locations
• inspection of the Centenary Bridge using an access vehicle
• equipment set up on and adjacent to the bridge and road.
• Investigation works will be undertaken on or around the footpaths/cyclepath. However, safe access will be maintained at all times.
• Changed traffic conditions may include reduced speed limits, lane or shoulder closures and minor delays.
• Traffic control and signage will be in place as required. Please allow extra time when planning your travel.
• Nearby residents and businesses may experience short-term impacts including noise, dust and lights from construction equipment and machinery in the area.